Thursday, February 5, 2009

FROM THE OCTOBER 1st 1993 BILL HICKS' TWELFTH AND FINAL APPEARANCE ON THE DAVID LETTERMAN SHOW


"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired, go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators, watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it, watch these pituitary retards bang their skulls together and congratulate yourselves you're living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do as well tell you! You are free to do as we tell you! "


I had never heard of Bill Hicks until today,but it seems to me that he may have come to see ( as I have) that TV is used to control the American public.....THEY DONT CALL IT A TV PROGRAM for nothing!

2 comments:

  1. Please, if I may ask that the word retard(s) not be used or posted. I work with folks that have Developmental Disabilites that have been labeled 'retards' and called such most of their life. It's a very offensive word to many. Just trying to make people aware.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry,This is a quote from Bill Hicks,not me...
    I too have relatives with Downs Syndrome,and find no offense in this term..He is talking very coarsely I agree but I can't change the quote to read developmentally challenged and save the original intent,so I am really very sorry if you find it disagreeable.

    ReplyDelete